Expat Blog

living in Costa Rica

Thursday, March 10, 2011

How are you feeling today?

I'm not feeling very well today. It reminded me that I have blogged about a lot of the good and none of the things that make it a bit difficult to be on the mission field here in Nicaragua. For one, drinking the tap water will make you sick. Go the the bathroom 10 times a day kind of sick. That would also include drinking fresh juice made with said tap water (just ask Tony).
We have encountered things that I never even given a second thought to like Scabies, chicken pox, lice and dengue fever. The kids have had conjunctivitis, sore throats and coughs on and off for about 3 weeks until we finally took some antibiotics. Not to mention the possibilities of parasites that we will take pills for.
The amazing thing is that the work that God is doing here far outweighs the negatives. There are creams, pills and shampoos for those ailments but the seeds that are being planted in these children are for eternity.
As I type I am siting in the house that we have rented, fully furnished thank goodness.


We are literally across the street from the school and a 1 minute walk to the orphanage. Daily I watch as Tony walks out of his classroom and is greeted by many of the children with smiles and hugs.
We have shifted into a routine since the beginning of the school year. Kids and I are up at 5:45am. (There really should be a law against having to wake up that early...good grief!)
School starts at 6:50am and they walk out the door at about 6:52am (sigh)
I get the two youngest of my children up and we head out to daily prayer at 8:30am at the orphanage. I usually stick around after prayer to help out with the babies and whatever else needs to be done. Tony teaches classes throughout the day but comes to the house during his breaks. The children get out of school at 1:20pm and we all have lunch back at home around that time.
I head back to the orphanage around 2pm and help out until about 4pm if needed. My children are cleaning up and working on homework at this time. I decided that I wanted them to continue with their Teaching Textbooks math and Apologia science so they work on that after school related homework and chores.

We have dinner at about 6:30 and head out to nightly devotions at 7pm. (I have included a link to the video of Ruby dancing during devotions.)

http://laurenedinborough.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

The day is pretty much done after that so they are in bed about 9:30-10pm while I sit around with Tony and we talk or read.
There have been a lot of things going on here in El Crucero and I am so happy to be here at this time in our lives. I don't know how long we will be here for but I am certain that God has it all under control.
Pray for our health, pray for our safety and most of all pray that the Lord has his way! Amen.
More to come...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Marj. It is nice to hear the bad with the good. It also nice to hear the daily routine. I can only imagine the blessings and your heart brimming over with God's goodness and mercy!! You have changed so much! I love reading about the changes God is making in your heart and you even gave us a glimpse into what God is doing in Tony's heart. Your heart must be so full of the blessings of God. Your life has been turned upside down, but you are brimming with praise for our AWESOME God and what He does for us, sinners that we are. God is sovereign. It is neat to see Him working in and through us. To know that you, your husband and children are trusting in the Lord in a whole new level. That is what I feel every woman of God desires for herself, husband and children! Starting to scratch the surface of what God has designed us for - to praise and glorify Him! Words cannot describe what I sense from your writings and your praise to God for what He is doing in your family!

    I am so amazed to see how God is transforming you before my eyes. I love you sister. Praying for you. Love Tammy from Maine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tammy! Love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete