Expat Blog

living in Costa Rica

Monday, May 9, 2011

Feliz Cumpleaños

Today was Debonney's 13th birthday! She is one of the 13 girls living at New Hope. After our nightly devotion time we all sang a few songs to her including happy birthday in English and in Spanish.




Her personality is not of one who wishes to call attention to herself, so it tickled me to watch her truly enjoying the hugs and attention.
We celebrated with cake and ice cream, which is always a treat here. You can imagine what 26 children look like after enjoying cake and ice cream... right...
Now imagine it with no running water. We had zero water all weekend long, and today it came on for about an hour in the morning and not again until later this evening.



All I could say is, thank God for wet wipes!
: )

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My family and I are thinking of moving to Nicaragua. We are hoping to come for a visit in July for a month or so. I am a mama and have some questions!! If you could email when you have a chance that would be great.

    Miranda (mirandaludy@me.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. No wAter? I'm glad it's raining now

    ReplyDelete