Expat Blog

living in Costa Rica

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pain

Pain knocked upon my door and said
That she had come to stay;
And though I would not welcome her
But bade her go away,
She entered in. Like my own shade
She followed after me,
And from her stabbing, stinging sword
No moment was I free.
And then one day another knocked
Most gently at my door.
I cried, "No, Pain is living here,
There is no room for more".
And then I heard His tender voice,
" 'Tis I, be not afraid".
And from the day He entered in --
The difference it made!
For though He did not bid her leave,
(My strange, unwelcome guest,)
He taught me how to live with her.
Oh, I had never guessed
That we could dwell so sweetly here,
My Lord and Pain and I,
Within this fragile house of clay
While years slip slowly by!

More to come...

5 comments:

  1. Hi my friend. Can't wait to chat and get an update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was wondering if you folks have a news letter? I love following your blog and finding out how you all all doing. I keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, no newsletter. Thank you for your prayers I will post again soon. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't posted anything in a long time, is everything okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Family went through a painful transition and when I am able I will post again. For now, we are back in the states and blessed, hoping to be back in Nicaragua soon.

    ReplyDelete